Requisition ID: 091159
NB: This position is open for international applicants.
Work Schedule: Full time only (5 years renewable contract)
Appointment type: Permanent
Salary: $7850 per month
SCOPE Responsible for the management and execution of the shipping process for finished goods from the point a shipper is initiated through the physical shipment of finished goods to domestic and international customers. This position includes the management of 7 – 10 employees and collaborative interaction with several departments.
- Manage the shipping process from the point the shipper is initiated through product shipment. This includes working closely with other departments: Quality, Contracts, Export Compliance, and Program Management as a minimum.
- Manage and direct employees responsible for the management, supervision, packaging and movement of finished goods within the shipping process.
- Ensures all shipping requirements meet contractual requirements.
- Participate in the contract review process as required.
- Ensures all documents are correct that are included with shipments.
- Plan and monitor daily work activities to ensure shipment requirements are met.
- Work with freight companies to ensure products are shipped within the guidelines of contractual requirements. This includes both domestic and international shipments.
- Communicate shipping status as needed to internal and external customers.
- Maintain department procedures for special customer processes, portals, and export compliance.
- Manage to applicable Work Instructions related to the shipping process.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics.
- Support company LEAN initiatives.
- Maintain proper shipping supplies inventory.
- Develop and mentor personnel with emphasis on driving continuous improvements in a LEAN process environment.
- Initiate employee evaluations and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business or a related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years in a management position with strong team development skills.
- 1 years aerospace and defense experience.
- 1 years shipping and logistics related experience (domestic and international).
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing.
- Familiarity with quality systems (AS9100, etc.).
- Working knowledge of freight industry.
- Detailed knowledge of export laws and regulations as they apply to shipments.
- Understanding of Military Shipment processes and Mil-Spec packaging materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal direction.
- Sense of ownership and understands when urgency is needed. JOB OPPORTUNITY
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel. SAP experience preferred.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Able to frequently walk, sit and stand.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must comply with MEC policies as described in the Employee Handbook.
Number of workers needed for this post: 3
4/10 Work Schedule – 40 hour week. Overtime as needed.
We provide full accommodation