Job Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Requisition Number: 9435
Position Type: Full Time – Regular
NB: This position is open for international applicants.
Work Schedule: Full time only (5 years renewable contract)
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs duties associated with distribution and warehousing, logistics and supply chain management of raw and finished goods and supplies. Will use industrial motorized equipment to move raw, in-process and finished goods to appropriate locations. This position also involves managing and monitoring stock to best serve our customers, performing a variety of routine shipping, receiving, and housekeeping tasks, and promoting and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas;
- Prepare customer orders ensuring the accuracy of the products and their quantities;
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage;
- Report and replace any defective item prior to packing;
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained;
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into appropriate locations;
- Ensure proper stock rotation – FIFO;
- Make sure that items are loaded onto shipment vehicle in a safe and timely manner;
- Receives merchandise. Checks and signs delivery slips;
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in computer-based system by scanning products and materials accurately;
- Prepare invoices and delivery orders;
- Handle space arrangements for incoming shipments in the storage areas;
- Handle incoming and outgoing shipments by checking them physically; Participate in physical inventory;
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse;
- Actively participate in 6S and continuous improvement projects;
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and SDS Standards;
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license (class 1) and have a good driving history;
- 2-3 years equivalent experience in a warehouse environment ;
- Demonstrate the ability to certify and maintain certification on a forklift or other industrial power equipment;
- Previous experience with ERP systems preferred;
- Able to operate hand tools, forklift, ladder, dolly, scissor lift, pallet jack, hand truck;
- Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft office, hand-held scanners and printers;
- Physically fit with ability to lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand; Capable of sitting, standing, and
- walking for extended periods of time;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to work independently, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Travel Required: Yes